I recently was a very lucky girl and went on a little holiday to Jamaica with my mom and sister. It was the first time I had been the Caribbean and I didn't think it was possible for it to be as beautiful as all the pictures you see... But it is! We stayed in the Royal Decameron Club Caribbean in Runaway Bay and it was perfect for what we wanted from our time away. The drive along the coast to the resort from the airport is covered in high rise hotels but our little resort had so much character. We stayed in a little cottage in the garden just steps from the beach in amongst the tropical trees and plants. 

We just went for a week but the time didn't actually go too quickly. I have so many pictures of the sunsets so I do apologise but I just think they are all stunning. This first sunset was taken on the beach the night we arrived after a first dip in the sea. It was the most gorgeous temperature! 



We spent most of the time laying on the beach and soaking up the sun, although if I could give any advice it would be to stock up on the suncream. This was also the first time we had been all inclusive and it was amazing! There were 3 different places to eat in the resort and even more options just five minutes walk up the road into the town.



There were also loads of different bars to choose from including the Jetty Bar within the resort which has plush recliners and swings to drink bottomless cocktails from all night in the company of the most friendly and helpful staff.

I took this holiday opportunity to wear all the new swimwear I seem to be obsessed with buying, even though I don't live in the warmest country. The bikini above is from South African label LoveWaterLove. The gardens in the resort were great to explore, there were always things to stumble across like this giant chess board and the woven chair below.   


It is true what they say about the Jamaican attitude, everyone really is that laid back and they have such a good sense of humour. Nothing is too much to ask and they are all keen to get you into the Jamaican mood. 

If you choose the right time of year, your holiday doesn't even have to be that pricey. We went towards the end of May which was at the end of the rainy season just before the hurricane season began. I think a lot of tourists are put off by the term 'rainy' season but the rain is very different to that of the UK. As you can tell by my photographs it barely rained whilst we were there. The storms tend to stick to the mountains and when it does rain they are short sharp showers, to which many Jamaicans refer to as 'liquid sunshine'. 



When we weren't sunbathing by the sea or drinking cocktails we ventured out to do a few excursions. My sister Sarah and I took a short taxi ride back towards Montego Bay in order to go horse riding. It was just half a day so didn't eat into our holiday but enabled us to experience something of a life time. We trekked on our horses (mine was called Roots) with half a dozen others, through the countryside and onto the beach where we actually got to go into the open sea and swim with the horses, amazing!

Another day we went on a Catamaran boat trip to the famous Dunns River falls. On the way we were able to go snorkelling along a reef and then proceeded to climb up the falls with a guide. On the way back we sailed into the distance with the sun setting, the rum punch flowing and the music blaring. (Cheesy, I know!)


The final trip we took was up into the mountains to the town of 9 Mile where Bob Marley was born and laid to rest. We got to learn a little about his life and experience the local culture. A must for anyone visiting this country. 

This is the final sunset from our amazing time in Jamaica. I cannot recommend the experience enough and want to thank my momma for taking our little family to this paradise island. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post and letting me babble about my time there. I will post again soon but in the meantime I would love to hear from you all!


Post a Comment